Botox FAQ’s: What You Need to Ask About Botox
While Botox treatments for facial rejuvenation are becoming more commonplace, many people still have questions about the injections and the safety of Botox. At Pinsky Plastic Surgery, making sure our patients have all the information they need to make the right decision is our highest priority. With that in mind, we are providing a list of the most important things to consider before moving forward with your Botox® Cosmetic treatment.
- HOW EXPERIENCED IS THE INJECTOR? While a simple, in-patient procedure, Botox® still requires a steady hand and the right anatomic knowledge to ensure not only the safety of the client, but the best possible results. When choosing to have Botox® injections, make sure that you are being treated by an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive knowledge about administering neurotoxin injections.
- DOES THE PHYSICIAN PERFORM THE INJECTIONS? To ensure the best possible results as well as provide the safest environment, you want to be sure that you are choosing a location where the doctors provide the injections. Neurotoxins are safe only the hands of a properly trained professional.
- HOW DOES BOTOX WORK? Botox® is a neurotoxin that relaxes the tight muscles beneath the skin that cause wrinkles. The result is smoother, more youthful looking skin.
- WHEN WILL THE RESULTS BE NOTICEABLE? As with any cosmetic procedure, the results of a Botox® treatment are not immediately noticeable. Typically Botox® injections take 5-7 days to show the desired effect.
- HOW LONG DOES BOTOX LAST? Botox® treatments are not permanent and do require repeat treatments to maintain the desired look. Botox® typically lasts 3 to 4 months depending on the individual.
- ARE THERE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH BOTOX? As with any cosmetic procedure, there are risks associated with Botox® injections. In some circumstances there can be a slight droop to an eyelid or eyebrow in less than 2 percent of cases. The best way to ensure the best possible results and reduce the risk of complications is to make sure you are visiting a board-certified plastic surgeon for your Botox® treatment, as discussed above.
- CAN BOTOX BE USED WITH OTHER TREATMENTS? Botox® works well with many other facial procedures. While each individual is different, pairing Botox® with other techniques such as dermal fillers can provide the appearance of a full facelift without the need for surgery. Consulting with Dr. Pinsky to find out the best approach for your desired effect is the best way to find out how Botox® will work with other procedures.
- CAN I EXERCISE AFTER BOTOX? One of the things that makes Botox® great is that it does very little to affect your life post-treatment. You can receive a treatment and go right back to daily life. Yes, you can exercise after a Botox® treatment without any problems!
This list is by no means exhaustive and the best way to learn whether Botox® will be the right treatment for you is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Pinsky today. Having quality information is the most effective way to ensure a successful cosmetic procedure!