The MicroLaserPeel is an erbium laser skin treatment that allows light to moderate laser skin resurfacing. The depth of penetration using the Sciton laser can be adjusted to individually tailor treatment to the patient’s own skin. If you require a deeper treatment that microdermabrasion or light chemical peels, and have little time for prolonged healing, the MicroLaserPeel was designed for you. Wrinkles, scars, and pigmentary changes can be treated with the MicroLaserPeel.
Why a Facial Peel?
- Reduce the Signs of Aging: One of the most common reasons for seeking a facial peel procedure is to combat the signs of aging. Fine lines and wrinkles can be softened with a facial peel and a more youthful glow restored.
- Pigmentation Adjustment: For people with uneven color in their face, a facial peel can help. A facial peel may be able to provide the patient with smooth, even coloring across their face. This can increase confidence and give the patient a more positive self-image.
- Reduce the Appearance of Scars: Facial scarring can cause embarrassment for people. By removing the upper layers of the epidermis, the damaged skin can be removed and be replaced with fresh, healthy skin. The results are reduced scarring and a boosted self-image.
- Freshen Up: Many people seek out a facial peel simply to freshen up. The new, healthy skin can give a patient a fresh, well rested look. People seeking to look their absolute best consider a facial peel procedure.
Why Choose Pinsky Plastic Surgery?
- Expert Techniques and Technology: The medical field is constantly finding new and better ways to do things and cosmetic surgery is no different. When you choose Pinsky Plastic Surgery for your facial peel procedure you are getting a team that prides itself on keep abreast of the most advanced technology and techniques available to ensure your satisfaction.
- Board Certifications: Dr. Pinsky is a board-certified plastic surgeon. He has proven his excellence to the medical field by meeting the strict guidelines set forth by the very elite of the industry. By being board-certified, Dr. Pinsky is considered among the best plastic surgeons in the country.
- High Quality Results: In order to achieve the best possible results from any cosmetic procedure a doctor must possess a keen artistic eye in addition to their advanced medical skill. Dr. Pinsky embraces the artistic aspect of his work and his work shows this. Visit the before and after galleries to see the results for yourself.
- Pressure Free Consultations: When you schedule a consultation at Pinsky Plastic Surgery you will not be pressured to move forward before you are ready and you will never be directed toward addition, unnecessary procedures.
Facial Peel Procedure
Microdermabrasion typically removes only the outer layer of the skin, the stratum corneum (10 microns). The MicroLaserPeel is a partial to full thickness peel of the epidermis (20-50) microns. Because the procedure penetrates deeper into the dermis, it fills the treatment void between microdermabrasion and full skin resurfacing. It can be combined with deeper, more aggressive laser treatments in our Palm Beach Laser Peel.
The procedure is performed with local anesthetic. You may be given pain medicine and an Xanax prior to the treatment. Your treatment will usually take less than a half an hour. You will need to avoid sun exposure in the weeks leading up to, and after your treatment. A skin care regimen will be prescribed by our aesthetician. Healing typically takes 3-4 days. Symptoms immediately following the procedure resemble a sunburn, with some peeling/skin slough on the second day. Redness begins to fade on the third day and may be covered by makeup on the fourth day.
The MicroLaserPeel will give you smoother, healthier, and more vibrant skin. The skin color, texture and tightness will improve much more than with microdermabrasion. To achieve optimal results, the procedure is usually repeated 2-4 times at intervals of 6-8 weeks. Once you achieve the desired appearance of your skin, routine microdermabrasion can be performed to maintain its appearance. Many patients will repeat the MicroLaserPeel every 6-12 months to refresh their look.