Did you know the number of fat cells in your body and their distribution are set at adolescence? Sadly, diet and exercise can only shrink the size of your existing fat cells—not remove or redistribute them. Today, CoolSculpting® offers a non-surgical alternative to liposuction that is capable of reducing areas of excess fat by applying cold temperatures to the surface of the skin.
Once fat cells become frozen and damaged, the body naturally removes them from the body through metabolic processes. The result of CoolSculpting treatments can be smoother, more slender contours almost anywhere on the body without the need for an extended post-surgical recovery.
To learn more about CoolSculpting, we invite you to explore the informative sections we have provided below:
- What is CoolSculpting®?
- CoolSculpting® Benefits
- CoolSculpting® Treatment Areas
- What Is DualSculpting™?
- What is CoolMini™?
- CoolSculpting® Candidates
- CoolSculpting® Treatment Process
- CoolSculpting® Recovery & Results
- Why Choose Pinsky Plastic Surgery?
- CoolSculpting® Cost
What Is CoolSculpting®?
CoolSculpting is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment designed to reduce excess fat from certain areas of the body. This exciting technology uses a process called cryolipolysis to freeze fat cells and eliminate them from the body over a one to three month process. Treated areas—such as the thighs, abdomen, flanks, back, buttocks, upper arms, chin, and jawline—can experience a 20 to 25 percent reduction in excess fat.
View the CoolSculpting® gallery for more
before and after photos from Dr. Pinsky.
View the CoolSculpting gallery for more before-and-after photos of our patients.
What Are the Benefits of CoolSculpting®?
CoolSculpting is state-of-the-art technology that really works! At Pinsky Plastic Surgery, CoolSculpting has become an incredibly popular method for body contouring due to the many unique benefits it offers:
- NO SURGERY. That means you can avoid the risk, cost, and recovery related to surgery.
- NO DOWNTIME. You can resume your normal activities the same day.
- It’s top secret. No one needs to know you had body contouring.
- It’s FDA approved. Proven safe and effective.
- You choose how much shaping and where – whatever bothers you the most right now.
- Millions of men and women have enjoyed satisfying fat reduction outcomes with CoolSculpting.
- Contour irregularities are rare or non-existent.
What Areas Can CoolSculpting® Treat?
The various CoolSculpting® applicators allow visible bulges of fat to be treated in the following areas:
- Upper arms
- Flanks (love handles)
- Upper back (bra fat)
- Lower back
- Under the buttocks (banana roll)
- Under the chin
- Under the jawline
What Is DualSculpting™?
Our office can now freeze away twice the fat in half the time with DualSculpting™. Pinsky Plastic Surgery has two CoolSculpting units in a dedicated room complete with flat-screen TV, headphones, wi-fi and the most comfortable reclining chair.
- DualSculpting uses two CoolSculpting units at the same time, which allows you to achieve the look you want in half the time.
- In just a half day, you can treat your love-handles, tummy, and thighs!
- Our “Doubles Packages” allow you to maximize your treatment and your savings.
- Most popular “Doubles” are: muffin-tops or love-handles, inner or outer thighs, back fat, and upper and lower tummy.
What is CoolMini™?
For over two years our practice has used CoolSculpting to effectively freeze away fat bulges on tummies, thighs, arms and hips. Now we can utilize the same type of technology to reduce the appearance of a “double chin.” The FDA has just cleared a new fat-freezing treatment for chin fat: the CoolMini™. This miniature applicator is designed specifically to target excess fat cells that have collected under the chin. Utilizing the same basic technique as CoolSculpting, the CoolMini procedure can destroy the excess fat and cause it to filter out of the body through natural metabolic processes. Two sessions are often required for the best results and each treatment takes about one hour to complete. No surgery or extensive recovery time is necessary with this procedure.
The CoolMini can be a wonderful non-surgical option for those who may have considered mini-liposuction but wanted to avoid surgery. CoolMini treatments are performed in our office in a private room set up with a reclining chair, television, and wi-fi.
After one hour of treatment with the CoolMini, the applicator is removed and the targeted area is massaged. The area will be a bit red for a few hours (think of pink cheeks from winter wind) and will feel numb for a few weeks. Your second treatment will be scheduled approximately four weeks after the first and you should see the full effects in about two months.
Like other non-surgical double chin reduction treatments – such as KYBELLA® injections – CoolMini procedures are designed to reduce excess fat under the chin rather than loose, inelastic skin. Patients who have a double chin primarily due to skin laxity may benefit from a neck lift or facelift. We will perform a comprehensive evaluation of the area and talk with you about your options during your initial consultation.
The CoolMini can provide patients with a beautifully recontoured profile and address a problem that can be very frustrating for many people. We are very excited to offer this advanced treatment here at Pinsky Plastic Surgery!
Who Is a Candidate for CoolSculpting®?
Your initial consultation is very important. It is vital to talk about your expectations, and identify the best approach for you. Ideal candidates are within 20 to 25 pounds of their ideal body weight.
Your treatment plan will explain “Treatment to Transformation” and identify priority areas for first treatment and possible re-treatment. We want you to FEEL the result and build your excitement at what is now possible through CoolSculpting’s patented fat-freezing technology.
- Understanding what CoolSculpting can and cannot accomplish is important.
- Some patients may still find that traditional liposuction, or other body contouring procedures are recommended to address their concerns.
- CoolSculpting is not a weight-loss tool, but is a marvelous body contouring tool.
It is important to note that ideal candidates are in good shape but seeking a modest change. This technique will not take the place of an active lifestyle or healthy diet. Our team will help you determine if CoolSculpting is right for you. Those seeking a more dramatic change may still benefit from traditional liposuction or a combination of treatments.
What Happens During CoolSculpting® Treatment?
CoolSculpting (or DualSculpting) requires no anesthesia, sedation, or incisions. CoolSculpting is non-invasive “cold” technology. The technique uses cold to reduce fat cells through a process called cryolipolysis. A gel pad is applied to the targeted area you would like treated. During the procedure, tissue is drawn into a cup with mild vacuum pressure. After feeling some initial pull, tightening and pressure, the area becomes numb and nearly imperceptible to the patient. Cooling begins in the first few minutes, where you may feel intense cold, which soon fades. The “frozen” fat cells immediately begin the process of dying, creating a localized inflammatory response allowing the body to naturally filter out the damaged fat cells. Since fat cells are more sensitive to cold than other cells, the surrounding tissue is spared.
We can treat one or two areas at a time – depending on their location. Each area takes about one hour and we can perform back-to-back treatments of several areas. During that time, you can work on your computer or read a book without discomfort. Some patients even take a nap. Since you will not be on any medication during the procedure, it is not necessary to arrange a ride home or back to the office.
What Will My CoolSculpting® Recovery & Results Be Like?
- Once your procedure is complete, you can return to normal work or fitness routines immediately.
- Some patients experience redness, minor bruising, tingling, numbness, or mild discomfort in the treated area. These side effects are temporary and typically resolve quickly and completely.
- Do not take products containing ibuprofen (such as Aspirin) for at least two weeks after your procedure. These medications thin the blood, and interfere with your body’s normal blood clotting, increasing the risk of bruising and may affect the inflammatory response needed to reduce the damaged fat cells.
- After the procedure, fat cells usually begin to slowly die over a period of one to three months.
- With CoolSculpting fat cells are not reduced immediately, but break down and are naturally processed by your body – similar to the way your body resolves a bruise.
- This controlled fat reduction process allows skin time to react and minimizes sagging skin. (Poor skin elasticity is most commonly seen in patients over 50 or who have had significant weight fluctuations.)
- You can re-treat the same area after several weeks if your treatment plan has identified that several “stacked” treatments are needed for a stubborn area.
Why Choose Pinsky Plastic Surgery for CoolSculpting®?
Look at our before-and-after photos of patients treated with CoolSculpting at Pinsky Plastic Surgery. We show actual results from our own patients. We take your satisfaction seriously and are committed to achieving your goals.
- Your consultation and treatment plan is scheduled with our Physician Assistants, Lori Oswald and Jason Kwiatkowski, who have years of aesthetic and surgical experience.
- All of our staff have attended CoolSculpt training; some have attended CoolSculpt University for an intensive three-day advanced training.
- *We have a 99% patient satisfaction rating after giving over 1,000 CoolSculpting treatments.
- DualSculpting in our office means you can treat twice the fat in half the time.
- We have invested in your comfort and have an incredibly attentive staff.
- Great package plans and financing with PatientFi® and CareCredit®.
- Experience you can trust. Our consultations are realistic and designed to understand your goals, your timeline, and budget.
*Individual Results May Vary
Your happiness is critical to our success. This practice has grown one patient at a time for 20 years based on our commitment to excellence.
Pinsky Plastic Surgery Leading the Way:
- Pinsky Plastic Surgery was one of only two such practices selected to study JUVÉDERM®, which led to the FDA approval for JUVÉDERM in the United States.
- We were also actively involved in the silicone breast implant studies which paved the way for reintroduction of silicone breast implants into the U.S. market in November 2007.
- Taking an active role in clinical studies and the development of plastic surgery techniques and devices affords our patients the greatest insight and expert advice on what works, what doesn’t, and what is just hype. Offering CoolSculpting as a non-surgical fat-reduction option is just the latest example of our commitment to offering the latest technology — helping our patients achieve a lifetime of beauty and vibrancy.
How Much Does CoolSculpting® Cost?
Because CoolSculpting treatment plans are customized for each individual’s needs and goals, the total cost for treatment can fluctuate from patient to patient. We encourage those considering CoolSculpting to call our office for general price ranges. Following your consultation, you will be provided a comprehensive cost estimate for your personalized CoolSculpting treatment plan. The total price will be based on the unique details of your treatment plan, which includes the areas targeted for treatment and the number of sessions required to achieve your desired outcome. Once you receive your quote, our friendly office team can answer any questions you may have about accepted payment methods, treatment scheduling, and available financing options.
Are you interested in learning more about CoolSculpting to reduce areas of excess fat? Contact Pinsky Plastic Surgery today to schedule your consultation.