According to the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most common non-surgical procedure performed by plastic surgeons in the United States. Whereas in 1997 there were over 65,000 injections performed, last year there were almost three million procedures performed making BOTOX® Cosmetic the most recognized pharmacological name in the world.
Why Choose BOTOX® Cosmetic?
- If You Have Crow’s Feet: The fine lines around your eyes are often referred to as “Crow’s feet”. A treatment can help loosed the muscles associated with these fine line wrinkles and give you younger, fresher looking eyes.
- Get Rid of Laugh Lines: BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment can also treat the muscles associated with the lines that extend down from your nose to your mouth. These “laugh lines” are one of the signs of aging that BOTOX® Cosmetic can treat.
- Remove Frown Lines: Everyone has them but as we grow older the creases around your mouth become more prominent. BOTOX® Cosmetic can soften these lines and take years off of your face.
- Remove Forehead Wrinkles: Our forehead is one of the first places Mother Nature begins to show her influence. If you are looking to smooth the signs of aging from your forehead, BOTOX® Cosmetic may be for you!
Why Choose Pinsky Plastic Surgery?
- Leaders In Their Field: Our plastic surgeon, Mark Pinsky, MD, is never one to rest on his laurels. He is constantly striving to learn about new, cutting edge techniques and the latest technology available to better serve his clients. Also both Lori Oswald and Dr. Pinsky are nationally certified injection trainers for Botox®. Less than 1% of injectors can say this!
- Board Certified Plastic Surgeon: In order for a doctor to become a board-certified plastic surgeon he or she must be able to demonstrate excellence in the field on a consistent basis. There are rigorous requirements that must be met in order to become board certified.
- The Best Looking Natural Results: Your injection should produce natural results that allow you to still move your facial muscles, but reduce wrinkles and fine lines. This requires more than just technical expertise but a keen artistic eye. Visit the before and after galleries of the various procedures to see for yourself.
- Hassel Free Consultations: A consultation should be a stress free process. It is a time to gather information about your upcoming facial peel and the doctor you’ll be working with.
About BOTOX® Cosmetic
BOTOX® is a temporary nonsurgical treatment for frown lines, forehead furrows, “crow’s feet,” and lines and wrinkles of the lower face. The muscles that respond best to treatment are those that contract during facial expressions. Other more sophisticated areas of the face that respond well to BOTOX® treatment include those around the mouth, nose, cheeks and neck. These areas require a surgeon/injector with greater experience.
Years of facial expressions and contraction of the facial muscles cause the lines in our faces to deepen and become more permanent. The dilute injections of highly purified botulism toxin (BOTOX®) reduce the contraction of these muscles and soften or eliminate the lines. A skilled plastic surgeon such as Dr. Pinsky can soften the lines of facial expression while leaving enough movement so patients still have some facial expression and avoid the “frozen look”.
Patients in their twenties with the initial signs of facial aging as well as patients with well established signs of facial aging are good candidates for treatment. Not only does it help eliminate or soften the signs of aging, but it can slow the signs of facial aging. Paralyzing the muscles eliminates the repetitive contractions that result in the formation of lines on the face. Many patients are surprised to learn that BOTOX® has this preventative effect in addition to its therapeutic effect.
BOTOX® is also frequently used in conjunction with other aesthetic procedures. It may be used at the same time a patient receives dermal filler such as Restylane® or Juvederm®, or at the same time a patient undergoes a surgical procedure. BOTOX® is often an integral part, not a substitute for, a host of complimentary treatments to resist or minimize the effect of facial aging. Every patient concerned with real or potential lines of their face should be on a well supervised skin care regime that is specifically tailored to each patients needs according to their age and skin type. Think of how strange an orchestra would sound without the violins or horn section. At the time of your BOTOX® consultation, Dr. Pinsky will discuss your expectations with you, and recommend a treatment plan that may include BOTOX®, dermal filler, surgery, and a medically supervised skin care regime. All patients concerned with real or potential lines of aging on their face can benefit from a skin care program specifically tailored to their needs, age, and skin type.
BOTOX® Cosmetic Procedure
The procedure is relatively simple and easily performed in the office. A treatment typically takes about fifteen minutes. Topical anesthetic is applied to the areas that are to be injected so the areas are almost numb or completely numb prior to the injection. You will be asked to contract the muscles in the area being treated so the proper location of the muscles for the injection can be determined. A tiny needle is used to perform the series of injections directly into the muscle. Dr. Pinsky possess expert knowledge of the surgical anatomy of the areas being treated and is considered an experienced injector.
BOTOX® Cosmetic Results
The results are not immediate and it may take 5-7 days for the BOTOX® to achieve the desired effect. There is no downtime, and you can resume most of your normal routine following your treatment. You will be asked to keep your head elevated for four hours after the treatment, and to avoid strenuous activities the rest of the day. Some patients may experience a small bruise or tenderness in the areas that have been injected. BOTOX® is very safe and are there are no systemic effects from injections.
The results seen after treatment vary from patient to patient and will last on average up to three or four months. If you do not continue to have BOTOX® injections, you will notice that the lines that were present prior to the injection will gradually return. Most patients schedule subsequent treatments before there is complete return of their lines of facial aging. 97 percent of patients are satisfied with their treatment. This high rate of satisfaction explains why BOTOX® has been the most popular non surgical treatment for years and continues to grow at a staggering pace.