According to the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most common, non-surgical procedure performed by plastic surgeons in the United States every year. In fact, the most recent statistics released by ASAPS reveal that Botulinum Toxin-based injectables—which includes BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport®, and Xeomin®—accounted for almost half of all non-surgical treatments administered last year.
To learn all about BOTOX® injections, we invite you to explore the comprehensive information provided throughout this page. If you have further questions, or if you would like to schedule a consultation to find out if this treatment may be right for you, please don’t hesitate to contact Pinsky Plastic Surgery today. As a top plastic surgeon in Florida, Dr. Mark Pinsky is highly skilled and experienced in BOTOX® Cosmetic and will be happy to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
- What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
- How Does BOTOX® Cosmetic Work?
- What Specific Concerns Can BOTOX® Cosmetic Treat?
- Who is a Good Candidate for BOTOX® Cosmetic?
- Is BOTOX® Cosmetic Safe?
- Why Choose Pinsky Plastic Surgery for BOTOX® Injections?
- How Are BOTOX® Injections Performed?
- Are There Any BOTOX® Cosmetic Side Effects?
- When Do BOTOX® Cosmetic Results Appear?
- How Long Does BOTOX® Cosmetic Last?
- How Much Does BOTOX® Cosmetic Cost?
What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a temporary nonsurgical treatment for frown lines, forehead furrows, “crow’s feet,” and lines and wrinkles of the lower face. The muscles that respond best to treatment are those that contract during facial expressions. Other, more sophisticated areas of the face that respond well to BOTOX® injections include those around the mouth, nose, cheeks, and neck. These areas require a surgeon/injector with greater experience, such as Dr. Pinsky.
How Does BOTOX® Cosmetic Work?
Years of facial expressions and contraction of the facial muscles cause the lines in our faces to deepen and become more permanent. The dilute injections of highly purified botulism toxin (BOTOX® Cosmetic) reduce the contraction of these muscles and soften the lines. A skilled plastic surgeon like Dr. Pinsky can soften the lines of facial expression while leaving enough movement so patients still have some facial expression and avoid the “frozen look.”
What Specific Concerns Can BOTOX® Cosmetic Treat?
BOTOX® injections can be an excellent option if you are wishing to non-surgically:
- Eliminate Crow’s Feet: The fine lines around your eyes are often referred to as “Crow’s feet.” BOTOX® injections can help loosen the muscles associated with these fine line wrinkles and give you younger, fresher-looking eyes.
- Remove Frown Lines: Everyone has them, but as we grow older the creases around your mouth become more prominent. BOTOX® Cosmetic can soften these lines and take years off of your face.
- Remove Forehead Wrinkles: The forehead is one of the first places Mother Nature begins to show her influence. If you are looking to smooth the signs of aging from your forehead, BOTOX® Cosmetic may be for you!
Who is a Good Candidate for BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Patients in their twenties with the initial signs of facial aging, as well as patients with well established signs of facial aging, are good candidates for treatment. Not only does it help soften the signs of aging, but it can also help slow down the visible signs of facial aging. Paralyzing the muscles helps to prohibit repetitive contractions that result in the formation of lines on the face. Many patients are surprised to learn that BOTOX® Cosmetic has this preventative effect in addition to its therapeutic effect.
BOTOX® injections are also frequently used in conjunction with other aesthetic procedures. They may be used at the same time a patient receives dermal fillers such as Restylane® or JUVÉDERM®, or in combination with a surgical procedure such as an eyelid lift, to achieve complete eye rejuvenation. BOTOX® Cosmetic is often an integral part, not a substitute for, a host of complementary treatments to resist or minimize the effect of facial aging. Every patient concerned with real or potential lines of their face should be on a well-supervised skin care regime that is specifically tailored to each patient’s needs according to their age and skin type. Think of how strange an orchestra would sound without the violins or horn section.
At the time of your BOTOX® Cosmetic consultation, Dr. Pinsky will discuss your expectations with you and recommend a treatment plan that may include BOTOX® injections, dermal fillers, surgery, and/or a medically supervised skin care regime. All patients concerned with real or potential lines of aging on their face can benefit from a skin care program specifically tailored to their needs, age, and skin type.
Is BOTOX® Cosmetic Safe?
When administered by a qualified and experienced provider, BOTOX® Cosmetic is considered very safe, and there are no systemic effects from injections.
Why Choose Pinsky Plastic Surgery for BOTOX® Injections?
Some of the most notable reasons patients choose Pinsky Plastic Surgery for BOTOX® Cosmetic include:
- Leaders In The Field: Dr. Pinsky is never one to rest on his laurels. He is constantly striving to learn about new, cutting-edge techniques and the latest technology available to better serve his clients. Also, both Lori Oswald and Dr. Pinsky are nationally certified injection trainers for BOTOX® Cosmetic. Less than 1% of injectors can say this!
- Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon: In order for a doctor to become a board-certified plastic surgeon, he or she must be able to demonstrate excellence in the field on a consistent basis. There are rigorous requirements that must be met in order to become board-certified.
- The Best Looking Natural Results*: Your injection should produce natural results that allow you to still move your facial muscles, but reduce wrinkles and fine lines. In addition to technical expertise, this requires a keen artistic eye. Visit our BOTOX® Cosmetic before and after photo gallery to see for yourself.
- Hassle-Free Consultations: A consultation should be a stress-free process. It is a time to gather information about your upcoming treatment and the doctor you will be working with.
*Individual Results May Vary
How Are BOTOX® Injections Performed?
The BOTOX® Cosmetic procedure is relatively simple and easily performed in the office. A treatment typically takes about fifteen minutes. Topical anesthetic is applied to the areas that are to be injected so they are almost numb or completely numb prior to the injection. You will be asked to contract the muscles in the area being treated so the proper location of the muscles for the injection can be determined. A tiny needle is used to perform the series of injections directly into the muscle. Dr. Pinsky possesses expert knowledge of the surgical anatomy of the areas being treated and is considered an experienced injector.
Are There Any BOTOX® Cosmetic Side Effects?
Some patients may experience a small bruise or tenderness in the areas that have been injected with BOTOX® Cosmetic. That said, there is generally no downtime associated with treatment, so you can expect to resume most of your normal routine right away. Dr. Pinsky recommends keeping your head elevated for four hours after the treatment as well as avoiding strenuous activities the rest of the day in order to help limit side effects and ensure optimal results.
When Do BOTOX® Cosmetic Results Appear?*
The results from BOTOX® injections are not immediate, and it might take five to seven days for the desired effect to be achieved. Every individual is different, however, so this timeframe may be shorter or longer based on one’s unique anatomy and goals.
*Individual Results May Vary
How Long Does BOTOX® Cosmetic Last?*
On average, the results seen after BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment last up to three or four months. If you do not continue to have BOTOX® injections, you will notice the lines that were present prior to the injection will gradually return. Most patients schedule subsequent treatments before there is complete return of their lines of facial aging. Ninety-seven percent of patients are satisfied with their treatment. This high rate of satisfaction explains why BOTOX® Cosmetic has been the most popular non-surgical treatment for years, and continues to grow at a staggering pace.
*Individual Results May Vary
How Much Does BOTOX® Cosmetic Cost?
The cost of BOTOX® Cosmetic is highly variable. Some of the most common factors that can impact pricing include the number of injection sites and/or units used, the experience and credentials of the provider, the location of the practice, and whether or not treatment is combined with other procedures.
For specific BOTOX® Cosmetic pricing information, you will need to schedule a consultation at Pinsky Plastic Surgery. During your appointment, Dr. Pinsky can evaluate your needs and goals, determine if BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most effective solution, and provide a customized cost quote based on your particular treatment plan. If interested, a member of our team can also introduce you to various plastic surgery financing options at this time. Our practice teams with CareCredit® and ALPHAEON® CREDIT, both of which are trusted healthcare lenders that offer numerous payment plan options to help make aesthetic treatment fit comfortably into virtually any budget.
Book a Consult with Dr. Pinsky
To learn more about BOTOX® injections, please feel free to contact our practice to book a consultation with Dr. Pinsky. He will be happy to answer any of your questions and help you achieve the look you desire.